Get Help Telling Your Partners
Partner Services (PS) is a free, voluntary, and confidential/anonymous service available to people living with HIV/AIDS or people newly infected with other STDs. PS can help let your sex and or needle sharing partner know that they have been exposed to HIV/STD. Partners should be informed if they have been exposed to HIV/STD for the following reasons:
- Your Partner(s) may be infected and not know it.
- If infected your Partner(s) can get early treatment and/or medical care.
- If uninfected they have a baseline knowledge of their sexual health and receive personalized risk reduction plans.
Partner Services can be approached in three ways:
- Anonymous Third Party: a skilled public health professional can notify your partners of exposure, without sharing your name or other information
- Self Referral: you can notify your partners yourself. A public health professional can help you identify the best ways to approach your partner(s).
- Dual-Referral: a public health professional is with you when you notify your partner(s) to answer questions, provide referrals, and other support.
Please contact your local public health department for the services nearest you. The following people are available to assist you in connecting you with partner services in your region:
|San Francisco||Andrew Reynolds||415-487-5522|
|San Diego||Heidi Aiem||619-293-4718|
|Long Beach||Tony Bustamante||310-217-6904|
|Los Angeles||Ronald Merrick||213-351-8077|
|Orange County||Colleen Brody||714-834-7833|
|Northern California &
|Central California||Lupe Espain||661-331-7449|
|Southern California||Tony Bustamante||310-217-6904|
Send an Anonymous E-Card
InSPOT.org is a website where you can send an anonymous e-card to your sex partners to let them know that they have been exposed to HIV/STD. The site also has a list of places to get tested, information about STDs, and other resources.
Tell your partners now by clicking here.